Home | Building & Contents Insurance


Building & Contents Insurance

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, garage and domestic outbuildings including fitted kitchens and fitted wardrobes. Herald Insurance only provides policies from market leading insurers. For buildings insurance we can provide all levels of cover from basic FLEA (fire, lightning, earthquake, explosion and aircraft) cover to full cover including subsidence and accidental damage. Even if you require cover for a home that is unoccupied or having building works carried out we are able to quote for these using our specialist panel of insurers even for short periods.

Key policy features can include:

  • Alternative accommodation if your home becomes uninhabitable as a result of loss or damage covered by the policy
  • Cover for accidental breakage of fixed glass, fitted ceramic hobs and sanitary ware
  • Cover for removing and repairing, replacing or reinstating and part of the buildings when this is necessary to find the source of a water leak
  • Up to £2m property owners liability cover
  • Bedroom rated and sums insured policies available
  • Trace and access cover
  • Emergency helplines 24 hours a day 365 days a year

Contents insurance covers your possessions such as furniture, furnishings and personal belongings. While a lot of online insurers offer high levels of cover for general contents many do not include cover for high risk or valuable items such as jewellery or audio/electrical equipment, items taken away from the home or items such as computers that are used for business purposes within the home.

When you speak to Herald Insurance for your building and contents insurance we will find out exactly what you need to have covered and make sure we find the most suitable policy for you, and because we only deal with market leading insurers we will be able to find you a comprehensive policy at a competitive price. Many of our insurers offer blanket policies with minimum sums insured to ensure you are adequately insured and some will even include all risk on a worldwide basis as standard.

Other available covers are:

  • Cover for valuables up to 40% of the sum insured
  • Accidental damage cover for audio, audio visual and computer equipment
  • Cover for contents whilst outside your home
  • Personal money and credit card cover
  • All risk cover
  • Business equipment cover if you work from home
  • Contents in storage
  • Cover for fine art and valuables
  • Freezer contents cover

We can cater for high net worth, stand-alone buildings, stand-alone contents, and properties which are unoccupied. If you are not sure of your requirements give us a call as we can guide you the process as we have many years of experience in building and contents insurance.